Amanda Rudolf Introduction

Hi everyone!  My name is Amanda Rudolf, and I am in Julie Babcock’s Gateway into the Minor in Writing class.  I am a sophomore, and my major is currently undecided.  I am from Long Island, New York, which is one of my favorite places to be!  Close to New York City and also the beach, I am always eager to be outside or see something new.  I’m sad that the summer is over because it’s the time when I get to do my favorite things like swim in my pool or tan by the beach, but I’m happy to be back in Ann Arbor.  My older sister graduated from the University of Michigan last year, so for the past 5 years of my life Michigan has been an important aspect of my family’s lives.

One thing that I knew for sure was that I wanted to pursue writing in college.  I’ve always loved to write, and through the classes I’ve taken here at the University of Michigan I was able to realize how important it truly is to me.  Whether it’s writing for an academic course or just jotting down my thoughts in the notes app on my phone before bed, I love to use writing as a way to express myself.  I enjoy taking initiative and feel comfortable talking in front of a crowd, but I definitely think it is an important skill to be able to put my thoughts and words into writing.  I am excited to see what I can learn from this course!

2 thoughts to “Amanda Rudolf Introduction”

1. Hi Amanda! I also am missing the summer a lot, even though it still feels like summer with the weather here. I live in a similar situation to you at home, with the beach ten minutes from my house and Chicago about 45 minutes away. I do miss this when I’m in Ann Arbor, even though it is great to be here as well.

2. Hi! It’s so cool that you’re from New York! I’ve heard about the Levain Bakery chocolate chip cookies and even tried a copy cat recipe. I’m sure the real ones are even better! Are they super popular there?