Hello, Sweetland, my new friend, I’ve come to talk to you for the first time

Hi, I’m Kayla and the title is my attempt to be funny and original. It’s my version of the opening lyrics to “The Sound of Silence” by Simon & Garfunkel, as opposed to the over-memed Adele song. If you’re not familiar with it, I’ve included a link here to the YouTube video, feel free to listen, or not. Either way I promise I won’t be offended.

Alright now onto me, because that’s what this is all supposed to be about. I’m currently a junior here at the University of Michigan. I’m majoring in Biopsychology Cognition and Neuroscience (basically Psychology, it just sounds more pretentious) and doing a minor in writing (that probably wasn’t necessary, I’m just excited about it so I thought I’d mention it here).  Here are some of the most important things to note about me:

1. I love food, like a lot.
Casually eating tapas in Spain.
Buffalo Wild Wings had a killer deal too good to pass up.

2. I have a passion for pillows.

I think I have 11, and yes that is my dog in the picture, which brings me to my third important fact (these are in no particular order).

3. I am slightly obsessed with my dog. Okay, not slightly, I am totally and completely obsessed with my dog (in fact I’m using her as a desk as I write this).

Unfortunately, as you can probably tell, the feeling isn’t exactly mutual.

4. My friends are great, a little wacky at times, but great nonetheless.

My Mighty Michigan Mates!
My best friend Kayla! Yes we share the same name. Yes that is why we’re best friends.

5. Finally, at least for this post, my family. I honestly don’t know where I’d be without them!

My crazy cousins, please excuse the blurriness of the picture. (Not pictured: Mom and Dad, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, I love you guys just didn’t want too many pics and not enough words)

Anyway, that’s me. As you can probably tell I’m a little bit crazy, but it’s okay, I’ve accepted it. That’s all for now! Hope you learned more about me and I look forward to learning about my fellow writing minors!

2 thoughts to “Hello, Sweetland, my new friend, I’ve come to talk to you for the first time”

1. Hey Kayla,

First of all, I loved reading your first blog post. You have such a great sense of humor when you write! The pictures you provided were such organic/real content of your life and I feel like I really got to know so much more about you through that media. I love that you appreciate your friends and family so much (now that I’m thinking about it I probably should have given mine a shoutout on my post). I totally relate to loving how wacky they can be! After reading your post I am still wondering where you are from/where is home? Also, what kind of dog do you have? I have a cockapoo and she is a demon dog, but I love her!

– Marissa