Marissa Thompson Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Marissa Thompson and I am a Junior in Julie Babcock’s Minor in Writing Gateway course. My family currently lives in Los Angeles but I grew up in the suburbs of New York City until I was 15 years old. I like to think I’m a genuinely upbeat and positive person, who loves spending time with friends and family. I spend my free time seeking out new music and exploring the outdoors. When I am home in Los Angeles you can usually find me at the beach or in the sun.

I am really excited to be taking this course and exploring this minor because writing has always been an outlet for me. I think naturally my life as a Michigan student doesn’t allow me to self-reflect and use introspection as much as I should. I have found that the English and Writing classes I have taken at this university have provided me with that space and allowed me to not only grow my writing but my self-understanding.

Thanks for reading! 🙂

The picture on my right is home (Pacific Palisades, CA)!

3 thoughts to “Marissa Thompson Introduction”

1. Hi Marissa!
    I loved reading your intro and the pictures of your hometown were so beautiful! What was it like moving from New York to California? I feel like that must have been quite the change, environmentally at least. I also noticed that you like listening to music, what kind of music do you listen to?