Bam, Done, Yippee! (Well…Done-ish)

My 3 podcast episodes are up on Soundcloud in their final glory, my website is nearing its final edits, and I’m sad. This podcasting project has been a blast and something I don’t think I would have done without the platform of this class.

In chatting with Hanna over our LONG sessions in the airless room (that some call a recording booth), I learned a little more about myself as an artist and where I want to go from this point on. It helped me remember my artistic values–that maybe I should make prints of my art, so I can share my work with people who can’t afford original. That maybe I should think more about long-term artistic goals (you know—besides becoming a famous artist in the field and besides subsidizing my 9-5 income with some art cash).

Anyway…I sill have a little tiny bit to do:

I probably need to figure out some font stuff cause its inconsistent over the site. I’m not sure if my artist statement/intro companion essay still needs some work or if it’s done. My photo gallery for episode 1 is an absolute mess. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I need to actually send this thing out to people and publicize it, WHICH I ABSOLUTELY HATE DOING. So that will be fun–yes?

Other things I’m bitter about:

So, of course in recording my podcast I provided the wrong link to our website in the audio. I had to rerecord that bit on my phone and it sounds kinda different but whatever–It’t good enough.

This is my final blog rant. What fun. 🙂

One thought to “Bam, Done, Yippee! (Well…Done-ish)”

1. Ok I actually love your website. I don’t want to say too much yet, because I know we’ll be workshopping it tomorrow, but I think you did a great job with the layout and the logo. I REALLY love the logo.

As for advertising, I feel you. It can be really difficult, but if there are artist platforms where you can advertise it, I think you’d have more interest from that sort of audience. But also, facebook is a great place to advertise. Your friends are more likely than not to be interested in what you have to say. I know I’d listen to your podcasts 🙂

I definitely think you should think of your long term goals with this website. How will this interact with (or not) your other art website? Just something to think about, if you haven’t already!