I feel as though I have been doing everything, but blogging this semester. Mostly because I prefer to just talk sometimes (since I do so much writing both inside and outside of class) and also because it’s just one of those things that I keep moving to the bottom of my to-do list. So… here’s my shot at it.
Things that I want to get done this week:
- Interview Fitz (medical student at U of M) about his experience as a person of color and a medical student. As a medical student who was been through the process and now mentors students like me I think that he will be able to provide some great insight!
- Get some quotes!! I want to include some quotes from people with different majors (pre-med) talking about why they like their major and how they (if applicable) they feel that it prepared them for applying to medical schools.
- PS: if you have a dope major (wink. wink. Zach, Eva, Fatima) it would be helpful if you could give me a cool little pull quote in the comments LOL.
- Play around with Google Sites a little bit more. While I appreciate the simplicity of Google Sites and the way that it is compatible with other google products (Docs, Drive, etc.), I am very bothered by how limited it is– can you believe you can’t even save the font color?? (UGH, this really bothers me). Anyways, I know I don’t want to switch my platform, because I don’t want the aesthetics of the website to be distracting
- Companion essay — No explanation, I just need to get to it and get to it fast!
- Finish cutting the videos into smaller, more digestible clips so that I can thread them through the site (I want to give my audience the option of watching the full-length video, but still be able to get with they need if they don’t have time).
I think that that’s it for this week. It seems like my to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer, but I am determined to get these things done. Please send some end-of-the-semester motivation because I definitely have the end-of-the-semester blues!!