Blog Post #1: Everything happening at once

Senioritis has hit. Well, I wouldn’t exactly call what is going on in my life senioritis. It is more like i-have-too-much-to-do-and-need-a-job-and-also-have-class-and-want-to-spend-time-with-friends-itis. Add all of that to being super sick last week, you have a stressed out girl unable to see the light at the end of this project. After multiple hours spent stressing out about what I should title my project. I elected on “American Heroes” because I just couldn’t bear to think about it more. After publishing and submitting my site, I realize my new group is going to have no idea what my project is about because that title does less than encompass what I am trying to say.

More or less, I am trying to understand the term “heroism” in general by applying it to the way the definition has shifted in the military. Unfortunately, the current title I have in place does less than explain that. As does my hours upon hours of research. I think that I have hit a road block that includes being nervous about creating a website and editing my work that I can’t even say I am totally confident in yet.

My goal for this week is to sit down and write. Write what I think. Write what I don’t think I need to talk about but may find necessary later on. The goal is to finish all research and completing my first drafts by Monday… which is closely approaching.. which is scaring the crap out of me. It’s okay though, I’ll get there. For now– I will continue to fight through my 15 pages of research to get back to the reason I started the project at all, to get a grip on what a hero even is.