Surprising Experiences

Initially, I thought that the experiment process would really be interesting and fun, but for some reason, I have not been enjoying the experiments as much as I expected to.

The main reason for this is that I like to finish pieces before moving onto something new. I think it is the idea of creating a sample, rather than a finished piece, has tripped me up. While I like exploring different genres, I find myself feeling weird when I have to quickly hop to a new topic.

I know that I will enjoy my final project more since I will be able to finish it to completion and finally feel satisfied.

That being said, I did enjoy creating the sketch section of my experiments because it allowed me to envision my final project. I also don’t normally make outlines for my work, so it was interesting to test out that process.

For my final project, I want to figure out which of my experiments on colorism made me feel the most inspired. Currently, this is my photo essay that I made about my grandmother, but I all am also enjoying my poetry in experiment 3.

I am excited to see where experiment 3 takes me, and then eventually decide what to turn into my final project!