Getting back to my rituals

So as an update from my last post, I am finally getting back on track. I am writing this post sitting in Literati, one of my favorite places to go when I need to focus on writing. It took me about a month to get myself back here doing work, but better late than never. I tried to make it simpler for myself and sit at home to write, but I finally gave that up because there are just way too many distractions. Now that it isn’t freezing cold outside it is easier for me to travel to my favorite writing spots. The sun being out is a great motivator for me and always puts me in great creative moods.

Yesterday in class when we had free time to work the the pieces of our projects that we felt needed to most work, I struggled to figure out what to work on because… well I need to work on a whole lot. I decided to start the construction and layout of my site before continuing to work on the content because I think that when I have a better idea of where things are going to be and how I want them to look, it helps me figure out how to structure my writing and what to include.

There are so many ways to organize content when creating an advice blog that it is almost overwhelming. I think a big thing I need to decide is how much writing is just the right amount to be informative, but not so detailed that it is boring. I am also finding it difficult to tell my story and about experiences I have had without oversharing, or in a way that is relatable to a broader audience. I hope that as I continue to experiment with my layout and content that it gets easier to me to envision the experience of my project as a whole.