Hello!

Hello! My name is Isabelle Mark. To most people I’m around, I’m known as Izzy. I was born in New York City and now live on Long Island, New York. I am the first born of three in a family that we refer to as the ‘Mark Five.’ My parents are named Stephanie and Ira Mark. My brother Benny just turned seventeen and my sister Lilly is eleven. Growing up, I was always a curious little girl who loved a good story. Learning about people and discovering new places excites me.  I love to travel with family and friends, document my experiences with photography, and follow every fashion trend.  Writing has always been a passion of mine. From blogging in high school about being the first Gluten Free girl in a time where Celiac was very uncommon, to now reading and composing fashion pieces for the Michigan Fashion Media Summit on campus, I still carry this love for writing with me wherever I go! As a Writing Minor, I hope to learn even more about myself as a person and as a writer. I have already learned so much through our creative class exercises, which have brought up previous moments in my life that have significant meaning to me. I am eager to embark on this new writing journey and see where my writing can go! 

Below I attached a picture of my family, a screenshot of the MFMS Instagram account, and some of my photography I just took in Italy. I hope you enjoy! 🙂

4 thoughts to “Hello!”

1. I love all these pictures, they’re super cool! It seems like you’re a very energetic and creative person and I’m excited to read your future writing pieces in class. Also would love to hear more about your gluten-free blog from high school and more about MFMS.

I’m curious to learn more about what places you’ve traveled to, what your favorite places have been, and what specifically you like to do/observe on vacations. Additionally, as someone not very up to date with fashion, where do you read/learn about new trends before they get popular?

1. Thank you so much, Sunitha! I would love to share my traveling experiences with you! I am always reading the Business of Fashion, as well as the WWD each day. I follow many fashion accounts on Instagram, where I stay up to date with current trends and follow all of the shows during Fashion Week! 🙂

2. I love your photos! You have a really great aesthetic sensibility. I want to see more of your photos, especially travel photos because it sounds like that’s something you’re passionate about. I’m also honestly really curious about life on Long Island; I’ve read a lot about the place but I don’t think I’ve ever actually met someone who lives there. Can’t wait to work with you this year.

3. Hi Isabelle!

I was not expecting to see photos, but I’m super glad I did! I love that I can place a face to a name! (side note: those shorts in the last photo are super cute!) Your piece has this super great mix of casual and upbeat sentences, and it made for a really enjoyable read! It’s so nice to meet you and I’m really excited to read what you come up with during the rest of the semester!