Hello My Name Is…Sophia

Is this the part where I’m supposed to tell you I’m left-handed or that I was born in Ann Arbor before I moved around the country for the next 15 years until I finally found myself back here for college? Is this the part where I tell you two truths and a lie and you try and guess whether it’s more unlikely that I’ve have 23 teeth pulled or never been to Canada? Both are true by the way.

I could tell you that I’m a junior with a double major in history and economics that I have no idea what I’m going to do with. And I could tell you that I studied abroad this summer and that “abroad changed me”, but I’d feel pretty pretentious if I did. I’d probably tell you that I love to write, but it would fall on deaf ears because who here doesn’t? If I told you that I don’t like to read though, I’m sure a few eyebrows would raise.

But even if I told you all these things, all these truths about me, I’m still allowed my one lie. I guess I’d be lying if I told you that I knew who I am and have any idea who I will be. I guess that’s what we’re all here to find out.

3 thoughts to “Hello My Name Is…Sophia”

1. I definitely found writing this short introduction difficult as well! I wasn’t really sure how to correctly introduce myself in 300 words…but I love what you did with it here!

2. As someone who also has no idea where I want to be in the future, I think this introduction is very clever and real. I definitely felt the need to sort of “explain” myself in my introduction, but often times, it’s more accurate to be honest about any confusion you may have in yourself.

3. I love that you made this post related to the two truths and a lie game, it made it much more personal and real like I was talking to you. Similar to what everyone else has been saying, I also have no idea what I am going to do in the future, but I think your acknowledgment of that makes it easier to try and explore what you can do.