End of semester woes

This is my third semester here so I should be used to this by now, but I’m just not. Finals season is hard. I have three finals next week and I don’t feel adequately prepared for any of them. And along with my job, the student film I’m editing, Daily responsibilities, etc. I feel very overwhelmed.

I wish I had much more time to work on my Gateway project. I’ve been trying my best to work on it for at least half an hour a day, but that just isn’t enough time to create something that is as good as I want it to be. I know this project doesn’t need to be perfect, and doesn’t need to meet the quality standards of something like a Capstone project, but it still hurts that it can’t be perfect, that I didn’t manage my time well enough to make it perfect.

But it’s going to be okay! We’ve all got one more week. And, at the end of this process, even if (or when) my project doesn’t turn out as perfect as I would have liked, the act of creating it has taught me a lot. Mainly, writing deadlines are very real. Also, writing is hard. But really fun too.

One thought to “End of semester woes”

1. Hi Elise !
    I definitely feel you on the time crunch of balancing finishing our final projects while also working on our other finals and I really do hope that your final project & website come out as perfect as you envisioned it. I’m also – I don’t want to say struggling, but its a verb around that ball park – when it comes to balancing it all but I have faith in the end that everyone’s projects will turn out fine!