My Whole Heart.

I’ve been told by multiple people that I never stop talking. Not in a mean way, but it was more of an observation.

I always respond, “well, I have a lot to say.”

I have thoughts and ideas rushing through my head 24/7. I currently have seven to-do lists: today, short-term, long-term, school work, vacation packing, job applications, and cleaning. All this to say, I have a lot that I want to do, but never enough time to do it.

This semester, I finally crossed something off of my long-term to-do list.

I have always wanted to tell my story. It didn’t matter what form I told it in, I just wanted to tell someone. And I wanted them to listen. What is my story you might ask? It is one of insurmountable loss that led to unexpected growth. It is unique, yet relatable. It is painful to read, but gives you hope at the same time. I wanted to take people on the same journey that I went on.

This is my Jar of Happy Things. I started it when I was at my lowest point in life as a reminder that there were still good things happening in the world. Any time something good happened, I wrote it down on a sticky note, put the date on it, folded it up, and tossed it in the jar.

For my project, I went through all of the sticky notes that I’ve ever put in my jar. I narrowed it down to the ten that I felt showcased my growth as a person over the past few years. I spent the past semester delving into old memories, drudging up old emotions, and looking at them in a new light.

I put my whole heart into this project.

Check out my story here.