What a time to be alive(?)

Many of our class sessions started off with brief comments on the impeachment proceedings going on in DC. Today, everything seems to be culminating into a final showdown-type fiasco. Throughout the semester, I’ve found myself reminiscing back to my junior year of high school when I would avidly sit in front of the TV every night watching the updates on the 2016 election; I was so in tune with everything that was happening and how things were transpiring. I knew my shit.

Although I’ve still been keeping up with the news and striving to learn about major events that are happening, I can’t help but feel a sense of disconnect from everything. These impeachment proceedings are so integral to how our democracy has functioned and will function moving forward, and 16-year-old me would have gotten so into it and learned every single nuance to the event. I’ve been keeping up with the events, but everything seems so distant that I feel like I can’t even comment on it when the issue comes up. It’s not that I don’t care; I think I have come to the point where I am stuck in my head with everything going on in my little world that everything beyond seems so far. Moving forward, I’m going to have to work on seeing things in the context of the entire world, because this will not only prepare me as I enter the “real world” but it will also help boost my creativity that I feel like has been running dry lately.