New Directions

So it’s a little more than halfway through the semester and especially with the past weeks events and the cancellation of in-person class sessions, I am unsure of how to proceed with my project. Originally or I guess most recently, I have been planning on doing a podcast, however I think in light of the seriousness of the situations, instead I am going to do a written piece.

So to catch everyone up to speed, I was originally going to do a podcast with my best friend talking about mental health and other important topics, while also telling the story of our friendship. Following the closure of campus though, I think I will be going home. As such, I think I am going to do a long-form memoir/vignette type story. Through this story I plan on highlighting difficult times in my life through journal/diary entries or random snippets I have written and then putting those into context with how my friendships and support systems have gotten me through.

I have given this a lot of thought, and I think this will allow me to stay true to my true purpose (which was to talk about the importance of friendship in mental and physical health) and to stay safe and also not spread any illness.